Tiny Coconut

I have things.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Lemme See If I Can Explain This

Rich is confused. Poor Rich. I'm going to try to unconfuse/deconfuse him.

NaNoWriMo is National Novel Writing Month. You can visit it at http://nanowrimo.org. The idea is to write, from scratch, a 50,000 word first draft of a novel (or the first 50,000 words of a first draft of a novel). I'm participating this year, except I'm not really following ANY of the rules. I'm working on a piece of nonfiction--a memoir of sorts, about Stalker Girl and what has come of and from having her in my life, as it were. And it's not from scratch, either: I've already written 20,000-plus words of it. But I am trying to add another 50,000 words to it this month, knowing that I've got thousands of compatriots hitting the keyboards along with me.

NoBloPoMo is National Blog Posting Month. You can visit it at http://www.fussy.org/nablopomo.html. M. Kennedy, Fussy's headmistress and a blogging SUPERSTAR, inaugurated it this year. It's essentially a challenge, both to NaNoWriMo participants and those who aren't interested in NaNo at all, to write a minimum of one blog post daily. She created a logo/banner for the challenge that had a line drawing of a gun pointing directly at you with a latinate saying underneath that, as I said, means something on the order of "Blog or Die." It was funny, but it bugged me to have that gun staring off of the blog page, so I went with her alternate logo, created for wussies like me.

Does that make any more sense?

Did you even care enough to read through this?

Is anybody out there?


free hit counter