Tiny Coconut

I have things.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The End Is Near

Tomorrow is the last day of the month, and it's sort of making me sad. Because, you know what? I've really enjoyed this whole NaBloPoMo thing. Like, a lot. As for NaNoWriMo? Not so much. Things got interesting at ParentsConnect for me this month (more work, more to my liking, changes a'comin'), and I just didn't have the time to churn out 50K worth of words on a piece that's pretty hard for me to focus on, what with it being about a topic that makes me either hyperventilate or want to hide in a cave.

In other words: I didn't get anywhere near 50K. I didn't even make 10K. But I did do some work on it this month, which is more than I can say for other months.

But back to the BloPo thing. I'm making no promises of continuing to blog daily forevermore. That's...unlikely. Highly. But I am going to try to blog more daily than not. Like, I'll take off the days like yesterday, where I realized at 11 pm that I hadn't put up a post and dashed one off, watching the clock, trying to get it in under the wire. Too much pressure, dude. It could have waited until this morning, you know? And I'll take off the days like today, where I'm in danger of boring you all to tears.

But otherwise, I want to consider this part of my daily to-do list. It helps me with the flow of ideas. It's nice to keep up with stuff, somewhat at least, for a change, rather than keeping a three-mile-long mental list of things I want to say and then never getting to them.

So, watch this space. I still have stuff to say.

-------
By the way, I'm closing in on 100,000 visitors. It'll take a few more weeks at my traffic's normal rate, but I'll get there, and maybe before the end of the year. So, how should I commemorate? Other authors send out copies of their books for things like this, but in my case, it seems sorta like a downer: "Hey, here's a book about mental illness for ya! Thanks for being my hundred thousandth visitor!"

In other words, suggestions will be much appreciated...especially by visitor number 100,000.

Labels: , , , ,


free hit counter