Tiny Coconut

I have things.

Saturday, May 27, 2006

MIA

I know I'm been scarce around here this week. I've been working a lot, for one thing. For another, I've been a little distracted, getting ready to bring this guy home:



He's an 8-month-old chocolate lab, a stray who we met at a local Human Society. I wasn't thinking lab. I wasn't looking for a lab. But I fell immediately head-over-heels for this guy. And so, if all goes well, we officially adopt him on Tuesday morning, and get to take him home as soon as he's been spayed.

Right now, we have two name lobbies in our house: Em and I are pitching hard for Darwin. Noah, my bil S, and, to a lesser extent, Baroy, are pushing for Snug. (Baroy used to name all his cats after Shakespearean characters, and Snug is from, um, something Shakespearean.) I can't say I hate the idea of that name, either. He's definitely a snuggly boy, that dog. So incredibly well behaved, all three times we've gone to see him over the past few days.

Any other ideas? I was toying with Wonka, too. (Chocolate lab, Willie Wonka, get it?) Also on the short list was Pericles (Perry), Barnum, and Casey. Oh, and I really, really, really wanted to name him Bartlett (as in President Bartlett), but nobody was with me on that one.

Anyway, I'm off now to do a Girl Scout sleepover at a local camp site. The key? There are bunks. With beds. And I only have to be there for the actual sleeping part of the deal; the rest is being taken care of by a group of teens working on their gold project, or whatever it's called, and the adults who are guiding them through. So of course we're having a (relative) cold snap here in SoCal, and it's going to dip into the low 50s tonight.

I really do have to learn how to say no.

-----
As an aside, check out the link in one of Rich's comments from my last post. I don't know why, but I'm really tickled by the idea that people I don't know at all are interested in our "can a man and a woman just be friends?" dilemma. It's like When Harry Met Sally Part II. Except it's When Rich Didn't Meet TC. Without Meg Ryan's really bad perm.


free hit counter