Tiny Coconut

I have things.

Thursday, November 10, 2005

This Is The Part of Writing I Love Second Best

Without giving away my super-secret, highly guarded identity, may I suggest that those of you who might be interested in the topic of stress, depression and infertility take a look at this article, published in the November/December issue of Psychology Today and written by an excellent writer who is certainly not me, no siree. Well, actually, you can't look much beyond the first three paragraphs without a subscription, but hey, would it really kill you to spend a couple bucks on a pretty good magazine? Or you could always trek over to the nearest library-with-a-subscription to take a look.

Big huge thanks to Patricia, a TC reader who was kind enough to tell me her story for this article. (And a big huge sorry to you, too, Patricia; my editor never sent me an edited version of the piece, so I wasn't able to review it with you before it was published. I hope I did you proud, anyway.)

I'm pretty proud of how this piece came out, actually. Oh, who am I kidding? It's the first consumer-mag feature I've written in, oh, maybe as many as five years. I'm just pretty proud this piece came out, period!

And for those of you who are wondering what part of writing I love first best, wonder no more: There is nothing, no nothing, like getting paid for it.


free hit counter