Tiny Coconut

I have things.

Thursday, April 22, 2004

Busted

It was bound to happen eventually, right? It's not as if it's never happened to a blogger before. It's not as if I didn't know it both could and probably would happen. But it's still weird when it does go down. Even without repercussions, it's just...weird.

I guess that's why I was completely thrown off balance today when one of my colleagues walked past my desk and simply said, "Tiny Coconut, huh?" At first I went with the always-smooth, "What do you mean?" But, to be honest, I didn't know what he was talking about. Then he said, "Well, I ran across this blog..."

Truth is, it's not a big deal at all. I really don't have anything nasty to say about my job or the people in my office. Heck, I basically did a love letter to my boss here a few weeks back. And I actually pretty much like everyone in my office, and being in public relations, I certainly would know better than to air dirty work laundry anyway. Add to that the fact that I'm not generally what one would call secretive about my life...and it all adds up to the fact that it really doesn't matter if someone from my office reads here.

But like I said, it's still weird. More weird to think that there may be people reading how know me and just aren't telling me they're reading. And, of course, a little weird because I'm a paranoid freak, and things like that conversation today lead me almost inevitably and fairly directly to "well, if he found me, then I bet Stalker Girl could find me, too..." And that way lies insanity.


free hit counter