Tiny Coconut

I have things.

Wednesday, April 07, 2004

The Bracket Quiz

Saw this in about a million places (yes, I read a lot of blogs, what's it to ya?), but ultimately stole it from Dawn. Here goes:

[Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, find line 4. Write down what it says]
aclastic (a-KLAS-tic) [a neg. + Gr. klan to break] 1. pertaining to or characterized by aclasis. 2. not refracting.
(Dorland's Illustrated Medical Dictionary. C'mon, I know you want to be me...My life is EXCITING, no?)

[Stretch your left arm out as far as you can. What do you touch first?]
The arm of the futon couch on which N is sitting, watching "Dance with the Teletubbies." Remember what I just said about wanting to be me? 'Nuff said.

[What is the last thing you watched on TV?]
Aside from what little of "Dance with the Teletubbies" I'm catching? Actually, it was about three minutes of The Daily Show last night before I got back down to writing. And before that, it was Lifeline: USC Medical on Discovery Health. (That's my place of business, folks! And it's my office that helped make that show happen. If you're a Discovery Health addict like me, you definitely want to watch this show. It's incredible. And I'm not just saying that because I know about half the doctors on it...)

[With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?]
The music from Dance with the Teletubbies, and N chewing on a piece of gum quite vigorously.

[When did you last step outside?]
After I did an interview for the book earlier this evening, I took N outside to play basketball and ride his scooter a bit. Then we went out back to gather up our two bunnies and bring them inside for the night because it's still getting pretty cold after the sun goes down and I coddle them.

[Before you came to this website, what did you look at?]
Before I went to Dawn's site? I was at Chiara's.

[What are you wearing?]
An old pair of jeans and a blue and tan striped short-sleeved sweater.

[Did you dream last night?]
Not that I can remember.

[When did you last laugh?]
About ten minutes ago when N couldn't find something and started saying in his funny little 3-year-old voice, "Hey! Wait a second!"

[What is on the walls of the room you are in?]
There's a lot...There's a bunch of pictures of Em and N, a framed piece of hardanger embroidery I did years ago, a pencil drawing of a boy on a horse that my mother did some 37 years ago that is THE SPITTING IMAGE of N (it's a little terrifying...), a clock, DVD storage cabinets, a Nerf basketball hoop.

[Seen anything weird lately?]
Cat in the Hat shrimp cat treats at the checkout counter at the pet store.

[What do you think of this quiz?]
It's OK so far...

[What is the last movie you saw?]
Starsky and Hutch. Fluffy, but fun. Heck, anytime I get to go to a grownup movie with other grownups and no kids, it's going to be fun.

[If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy first?]
I think I'd add on to my house rather than move, so I guess I'd 'buy' an architect. And I'd start by redoing my kitchen, for which I'd buy this fridge. The orange one. And then we would go on our first real vacation in almost five years. Baroy's never really been out of the country; I'd love to take him to Scotland, where I spent my junior year of college on a scholarship exchange.

[Tell me something about you that I don't know:]
I have a half-brother who's going to be, um, 22 this summer, I think. The last time I saw him or spoke to him, he was 8. Before that, it was when he was 5. He never saw us frequently enough to be able to tell me and my sister apart. "Which one are you?" he'd ask. Sad.

[If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do?]
Just one? Shit. Um, decent healthcare? No, hold on, I'd reprioritize the educational system so that teachers flock to the profession, and so that every child could get the education he or she deserves. No, hold on, I'd legalize gay marriage...Aw, man. Maybe I'd just wave my magic wand and exterminate hatred, and be done with it.

[Do you like to dance?]
Not particularly. I have no sense of rhythm and two left feet.

[George Bush:]
Jackass extraordinaire.

[Imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her?]
Emily.

[Imagine your first child is a boy, what do you call him?]
Samuel Morris; but by the time Noah was born (yep, I put both their names in here just this once, because I am living on the edge, baby!) one of Baroy's cousins had had a baby and named him Samuel. So that's Noah's middle name.

[Would you ever consider living abroad?]
Permanently? No, I'd rather not. Too many people here who I'd miss. But my year in Scotland was the most incredible year of my life, and I hope my kids get to experience something like that at some point in their lives.


free hit counter