Tiny Coconut

I have things.

Friday, April 16, 2004

Done

I got the last element of the book in to my editors at around 3:30 today. Less than a day late. That's gotta be some kind of promptness record for me.

I'm trying to muster up the excitement I felt at the time, but I currently can't even keep my eyes open. Might have something to do with the fact that I went to bed at 4:45...and was awakened by my son three hours later.

But it's done. Did I mention that? I wrote a 300+-page book in under four months. Obviously, nobody should actually be listening to what I have to say about mental health, since I apparently have none of it myself. Less than four months. What kind of idiot...? Well, I guess my kind of idiot.

Truth be told, underneat it all I'm beyond thrilled. I wasn't nearly so excited about my last book, because it rally wasn't mine. This one's mine. All mine. And I actually think parts of it are good.

I can't wait to see that baby in print. And to link to it on Amazon. And to start skulking around bookstores checking on how it's selling. (Hey. once/if my pretty paltry advance has been paid back, I'm going to be taking home about $.70 or $.80 a pop. Yeah, baby. I'm gonna be...slightly less poor. Woohoo!) So keep your eyes pealed. Who know? I might be skulking at a bookstore near you...


free hit counter