Tiny Coconut

I have things.

Thursday, March 04, 2004

I'm Late, I'm Late...

...for a very important deadline.

Let's see. I had the second five 'elements' due officially on February 26. Didn't make that. Got an extension until March 2. Didn't make that, either, though I did send in three of the five items, which I guess is better than nothing. (Actually, that's not necessarily true; I remember my graduate journalism program, where our quirky and much-beloved director put signs in the stalls in the bathrooms that read, "Better Never Than Late." And indeed, turning a piece in after deadline earned you an F. Turning it in unfinished at least got you a grade. You'd think I'd have learned some enduring life lessons from that, but no.)

So right now I'm working on 'element' #4, which is actually chapter 7. And then I have to get to the last element, which is going to be chapter 12. And I've got to get them done before my editor hires a hit man for me. Not that I'd blame him.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know why posting's so light right now. It's not that I don't have more than ample angst to share; it's just that I have less than ample time in which to share it. But, I'll be back. Soon, I hope.


free hit counter