Tiny Coconut

I have things.

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Restless

My legs, I mean. Anyone out there dealing with restless leg syndrome who has words of wisdom (or, preferably, a really quick, easy fix)?

It's been going on for a while now, but up until recently it was mere nuisance. I didn't quite get why or how it might be a big enough deal for someone to see a doctor about it, or take medications for it. I'd even thought that, since it hadn't really started being any kind of a problem until I started taking Celexa, once I'd finished weaning, it would get better.

I took my last Celexa almost two weeks ago. The restless leg stuff has only gotten worse. So much for that theory.

And now here I am, tired, but unable to go to sleep, because my legs...it's not that they ache, so much. It's that they....well, that they're restless. Which isn't really an accurate description either, to be honest. It's more like they're uncomfortable, my legs, especially my left leg. It feels like I need to stretch it, or move it, to find a position in which the sort of achy stretchy muscular yearning feeling will just go away.

Because this is really what I need right now...leg-induced insomnia. It's just icing on the trying-to-regain-stability-without-the-dubious-benefit-of-pharmaceuticals cake. Which is already several layers thick, what with work stresses and monetary stresses and dad stresses and being uncomfortably overweight stresses. Yup. Just what I need right now. Insomnia. Except not the kind where you're not tired. Oh, no. This is all-you-want-to-do-is-be-able-to-settle-down-long-enough-to-fall-asleep insomnia. But I said that already.

Wah wah wah. Whine whine whine. Me me me.

And how are you all doing?

Labels: ,


free hit counter