Tiny Coconut

I have things.

Friday, May 25, 2007

I have nothing to say

My dad seems to be doing as well as can be expected. My dog is recuperating. My job takes up all my working hours, all my waking hours, and most of my sleeping hours, too. There are so many end-of-the-year wrap-up events going on right now that it makes my head hurt to think about them, but as long as I just keep track and show up where I'm supposed to, when I'm supposed to, all will be well.

So, really, what is there to say?

Today I did the last class of a three-session dental hygiene series for the first-graders at my kids' school--proving the old adage, "Those who haven't sat in a dentist's chair for almost 30 years, teach." In the second of the two classrooms I visited, there came a series of questions about the Tooth Fairy. They started with simple things, like "Why does she leave money?" but then progressed:

"If fairies are real, why can't everyone see them?"
"I don't believe in the tooth fairy."
"I heard that if you lick a coin that the tooth fairy gives you, another fairy dies."

My answers:

"You can only see them if you believe in them."
"That's OK. Then I guess you don't care that you can't see her."
"WHA? Let's move on..."

Despite the lack of Tooth Fairy info I was able to impart, I got lots of hugs when I left. Apparently, giving kids a smiley-face sticker and a pencil that says, "Clean teeth = Healthy mouth" earns you friends for life. Or at least for the afternoon. Wish I could please my boss that easily...

Labels: ,


free hit counter