Tiny Coconut

I have things.

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Running

You know, sometimes I forget and think that the only people who can touch me in that unique way, the only people capable of breaking my heart are my kids.

Baroy just called from the marathon, and I could hear tears in his voice.

"I don't think I'm going to make it," he said, his voice breaking. "I've only gone 12 miles, and I don't think I''m going to make it."

I tried to tell him that it's OK. That it's hot out there for March (well into the 70s). That he's been trying to ignore the fact that he's got, at best, a cold, and at worst, the beginnings of the flu that the rest of us have been battling. That he's only doing this for himself. That I'm proud of him.

"I know, I know," he jsut kept saying, miserably. "Bye."

Heart. Breaking.

Labels:


free hit counter