Tiny Coconut

I have things.

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Disturbing On So Many Levels

We had a full house today, with N's friend WeeyumWise staying for a few hours having a playdate while his mom went to a poetry reading, and with Em's friend C hanging out as well. It was a beautiful day after several days of damp, overcast, coolness, and so I gathered up the boys and took them outside to help me weed my garden. When Em and C saw us coming, they made a face.

"Oh, no you don't," I said. "They have just as much right to be out here as you do."

"It's not that," Em replied. "It's just that we're playing a pretend game that probably isn't appropriate for them to be hearing."

I raised my eyebrows at her.

"No, no, we're not doing anything WRONG," she said. "It's just that we're about to tell our boyfriends that we're pregnant."

For the record, it is now approximately eight hours later, and I still don't know how I want to respond to that.


free hit counter