Tiny Coconut

I have things.

Thursday, May 06, 2004

Being Normal

Apparently, I can't even get good blog fodder off of my medical woes, because I seemingly don't have any. Sigh. My legs are still sooooooooo itchy I'm thinking amputation is the only cure, but the bruises seem to be fading, and there are only one or two new ones, and the lab results all came back in normal range. Sigh. No matter how hard I try, I just can't be as cool as Jane.

Anyway, this being Teacher/Staff Appreciation Week, and me being the PTA VP in charge of parent involvement and thus of Teacher/Staff Appreciation Week, I've been almost too busy to really dwell on it. Ahhhh, who am I kidding? If anyone from Em's school was reading this right now, they're rolling on the floor in hysterical laughter. I did next to nothing for this, folks. A couple of the other moms heard me out about my plans for the week, nodded politely, inquired whether I might appreciate some help, and then took over so completely that I have had ABSOLUTELY no idea what's going on at that school this week, aside from hanging out at the special luncheon we put on for the teachers yesterday. They did a breakfast on Monday that I didn't even know about until Tuesday, they gave out gift baskets I never heard a single thing about, they're having a snack day today that I only found out about when I wandered into the teacher's lunchroom after proctoring the California Achievement Tests for an hour this morning, and tomorrow they're having a car wash for the staff that I only found out about when I asked why there were blue buckets piled up in the PTA closet.

Somewhere in the back of my head I know I'm probably supposed to be annoyed about this, or at least feeling...I don't know...threatened, maybe? But to tell you the truth, I'm not. I'm thrilled that they put all this time and effort into making this a much more special week than I could have, or that I had time for, what with only finishing the book a few weeks back and now being back up at my regular almost-full-time work schedule. The teachers are all walking around that school with smiles on their faces. And, frankly, even though the parents involved know how little I did, the rest of the school doesn't, so I'm looking pretty danged good right around now. ;-) Win-win, baby!

Anyway, there's a bunch of stuff going on at work, so I'll probably remain incognito until the weekend. Or not. I mean, I have all these meaningless THINGS to say, and all these pompous pronouncements to make, and they're going to have to come out at some point, right?

Stay tuned.


free hit counter