Tiny Coconut

I have things.

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Mighty. Fallen.

*NOTE: EDITED TO CHANGE LINK TO ONE THAT WORKS*

I've written about this story before, I think, though I can't find it in my archives.

The lowdown is this: He was one of my scientific heroes long before I worked at the same institution as he did, and long before I spent time with him in his laboratory, listening to his plans for the future of medicine. I am unreasonably angry with him for falling so low, for being so low as a human, for letting me down so egregiously (as if what I think about him should make any difference). Still, the science he was doing, and the community he was serving, deserved better. As did the little girl he abused (and I have no doubt that he did, indeed, abuse her).

For shame.


free hit counter