Tiny Coconut

I have things.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Very Very Busy

There are some days when I look out over the landscape of my day, and then the day after it, and then the day after that, and I all I can hear in my head is the lyrics to the Sandra Boynton song off of her most excellent Philadelphia Chickens book and CD. (It's a kids' book, for all you hipsters who are wondering why you've never heard of it. Trust me, I break no musical ground for any age group over 7.)

Here is why you haven't heard from me in a couple of days, and why you won't hear from me for a couple more:

We're very very busy and we've got a lot to do
And we haven't got a minute to explain it all to you
For on Sunday Monday Tuesday there are people we must see
And on Wednesday Thursday Friday we're as busy as can be
With our most important meetings and our most important calls
And we have to do so many things and post them on the walls...

...And we have to do it faster or it never will be done
And we have no time for listening or anything that's fun.


free hit counter