Tiny Coconut

I have things.

Friday, October 10, 2003

Gulp. I just got a call from a woman I know, who is executive editor at a consumer publication that's pretty well-known and is putting out a series of books with the magazine's imprint. And she wants to know if I want to put my name in to write one of them. Hoo boy.

I can't even begin to tell you how much I want to write another book. (My first, which is still miraculously in print, though on its way out, and was, until recently, on sale at Book Closeouts, was not a great experience because of my coauthor, but I definitely, definitely loved the process of book writing.) I can taste how much I want to write another book. It's the answer to the energy-sapping I've been feeling at work. It's the answer to the creative outlet I need. Heck, it's on a topic I am BEYOND interested in.

So why aren't I jumping up and down? Well, I can't even begin to tell you how little time I have to write another book. Maybe, maybe if I took a leave of absence. But to hold down a job--which, at 80% is pretty darned intensive, even if not full time by definition--and mother two children and be PTA-girl and soccer mom and Brownie troop treasurer...AND write a book? On a really, really, really tight schedule, nonetheless? Insanity.

I should have just said no. But I couldn't. Because I really want to say yes. Urgh.

Stay tuned.


free hit counter